What is POWER PITCH?
Power Pitch is a forum where entrepreneurs, local businesses, startups, and side-hustlers are given the opportunity to pitch their business or idea for the chance to win monetary prizes to invest in their business efforts. POWER PITCH 2020 has partnered with Kern Venture Group, SeedCore Foundation, and Wells Fargo.
How does the POWER PITCH process work?
- Power Pitch hopefuls must fill out an application fulfilling each required field by March 20th, 2020
- Our judges from Kern Venture and SeedCore Foundation will choose finalists
- Finalists are chosen by a group of judges from Kern Venture and SeedCore Foundation by April 3, 2020 and will notify finalists accordingly
- Finalists will be required to submit a more in-depth presentation (we suggest PowerPoint or video) no later than April 16th, 2020
- Finalists will be required to attend BWBC 2020 to present their pitch in-person
- Finalists will be required to purchase a discounted event ticket to get in the door (1 ticket per team member)
- Presentations will take place on the morning of April 23, 2020 at Mechanic’s Bank Arena
- There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners who will receive $3,000, $2,000, and $1,000 respectively.
- Winners will be announced at the closing session at BWBC 2020
- Winners will also receive a ticket to BWBC 2021
Who can apply?
Pretty much anyone! A small business looking to grow. A startup or entrepreneur looking for that first investment. Someone with a side-hustle looking to make it a full-time-hustle. We welcome all businesses from all sizes and industries, whether you started 3 years ago or 3 months ago.
How do I apply?
Head to our website, click the tab POWER PITCH, then click the button that says, “APPLY HERE.” Fill out the application to the best of your ability. If you have questions or are confused don’t hesitate to reach out to us! We want to make sure this process is smooth for everyone.
What is required to apply?
You should definitely have a strategic business plan outlined. It’d also be good to have a logo! It’s not required, but you’ll look more professional! We suggest viewing the application ahead of time to make sure you have an answer for each question. Click here to view the application
Can I apply if my business isn’t up and running yet?
Yes. We suggest you build a strategic plan for your idea or startup in order to give us more insight into how the funds will benefit your business.
What if I am chosen as a finalist?
Congratulations! You are in the running to win up to $3,000 to invest in your business. Get busy working on a presentation (we suggest a PowerPoint or video) that is due by April 16th at 5PM. You will give this presentation in-person on the morning of April 23, 2020—on Conference Day! A discounted ticket is required to get through the doors.
- You will present to a panel of judges
- Your presentation will already be uploaded and ready to go when it’s your time to present (no need to worry about setup on your end)
- There is no microphone which may seem a bit informal, but we want to ensure everyone is comfortable presenting! You have the option to use a pointer
- A water station will be provided
3 winners will be chosen by our judges. Winners will be announced at the closing session and will be presented with a check:
1st place: $3,000