POWER PITCH 2021
What is POWER PITCH?
Power Pitch is a forum where entrepreneurs, local businesses, startups, and side-hustlers are given the opportunity to pitch their business or idea for the chance to win monetary prizes to invest in their business efforts. POWER PITCH 2021 has partnered with Kern Venture Group and SeedCore Foundation.
How does the POWER PITCH process work?
- Power Pitch hopefuls must fill out an application fulfilling each required field
- Our judges from Kern Venture and SeedCore Foundation will choose finalists
- Finalists are chosen by a group of judges from Kern Venture and SeedCore Foundation and will notify finalists accordingly
- Finalists will be required to submit a more in-depth presentation (we suggest PowerPoint or video)
- Finalists will be required to purchase a discounted ticket to the virtual BWBC 2021 where winners will be announced in the closing session
- There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners who will receive $3,000, $2,000, and $1,000 respectively.
- Winners will also receive a ticket to BWBC 2022
Who can apply?
Pretty much anyone with a business headquartered in Kern County, California! A small business looking to grow. A startup or entrepreneur looking for that first investment. Someone with a side-hustle looking to make it a full-time-hustle. We welcome all businesses from all sizes and industries, whether you started 3 years ago or 3 months ago.
How do I apply?
Head to our website, click the tab POWER PITCH, then click the button that says, “APPLY HERE.” Fill out the application to the best of your ability. If you have questions or are confused don’t hesitate to reach out to us! We want to make sure this process is smooth for everyone.
What is required to apply?
You should definitely have a strategic business plan outlined. It’d also be good to have a logo! It’s not required, but you’ll look more professional! We suggest viewing the application ahead of time to make sure you have an answer for each question. Click here to view the application
Can I apply if my business isn’t up and running yet?
Yes. We suggest you build a strategic plan for your idea or startup in order to give us more insight into how the funds will benefit your business.
What if I am chosen as a finalist?
Congratulations! You are in the running to win up to $3,000 to invest in your business. Get busy working on a presentation (we suggest a PowerPoint or video). You will give this presentation in a virtual interview format the week of April 6th – 9th with the judge’s panel. A discounted conference ticket is required to make it through to the finalist round.
- You will virtually present to a panel of judges through the Zoom platform that will last up to 30 minutes
- You will be provided with additional instructions for your presentation at the time of the finalist notification
- Your presentation will be submitted to the judges ahead of time and ready to go when it’s your time to present (no need to worry about setup on your end)
3 winners will be chosen by our judges. Winners will be announced at the closing session and will be presented with a check at a later date:
1st place: $3,000